All 13 art Reviews

Colorblind Colorblind

Nice work.. No, in fact, excellent work.

Although this is very pleasing to look at, I have to agree with Bobitoz, there's a lot about it that is not necessary, and unfortunately, it actually makes the whole thing seem a bit.. Forced? For want of a better word.

Great, none the less, going straight into my favourites.

zephyo responds:

thank you!
Yeah, composition is not my strong part; looking back on it now there's some detail that could be left out. But I thought it was a bit empty without though because the heart was supposed to be the main focus but now I ask myself, "why a heart????" So yeaaaaaah.

Goblin Surgery Goblin Surgery

Kick ass work, has a really cool atmosphere about it. No real complaints, at all.

Jet Set Radio Z station Jet Set Radio Z station

Awesome work, this game needs a reboot so badly.

MAKOMEGA responds:

the reboot of the game look more viable, i like the history of the last two games [Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio future] were pretty good as it developed over time when you pass the stages.

maybe if they put some system gameplay from tony hawk games the game would be much more interesting.

Yoruichi Bleach Yoruichi Bleach

One thing you really need to work on is proportions, and symmetry. Have you ever tried using a wooden doll to use as a guideline for drawing? If not, and you intend to draw humans, it might be a good idea to invest in one, or find a digital alternative, as it helps out a lot, believe me.

Second, you're being a bit too generous with the shading, tone it down a little, I know it seems to add a bit more depth, but some of the places where you're using it, it would have looked a bit better if you held back just a little bit.

The hair needs a bit more work doing to bring it to life a bit as well.

One place I'd recommend checking out for brutal in depth criticism is http://boards.4chan.org/ic/ which is the art critique board, but before you go there, keep in mind, they will rip into your work, so if you don't handle criticism very well, I'd try and avoid it at all costs.

Anyways, I hope I've been some sort of use, PolyVerse, and good luck improving upon your work, I apologise that I couldn't give a more in depth view on it, but I'm not exactly the most talented person around, when it comes to being a critique.

Knife fight Knife fight

KIck ass work, I love pixel art, do you do commissions, out of curiosity?

spacefader responds:

Yeah of course.

Origin of the shades Origin of the shades

My fucking sides, this was brilliant.

Satan's Executioner Satan's Executioner

This looks fucking awesome, well done man, would love to see more submissions on this site that are like this.

Assassin's Creed III: Connor Assassin's Creed III: Connor

I like it, shading is spot on, everything is perfectly proportioned, well done, looking forward to seeing more from you, you have a lot of talent. in all of my years on this site, I haven't submitted anything, at all, and you've been on here less than a year and submitted some top class content, which I respect. I've recommended you for the art portal, we need more people like you on this site, creating a nice flow of content.

Kraken Kraken

Amazing, you have some SERIOUS talent, I honestly love this, the little ship floating helplessly in the water is like the cherry on top of the cake in this piece, may I ask, how old were you when you painted this?

personnotstudying responds:

thanks :) and I was 18 (about a year ago)

Magmar Magmar

This is the most brilliant thing I have ever laid my eyes upon.

LegolaSS responds:

please stop putting your eyes down on my artwork, they have a tendency to roll off and cause a lot of confusion and mess... thank you for understanding. failure to do so will result in rolling of eyes.